Safety and quality clean linens are PureStar’s highest priorities. For our associates and for our hospitality clients’ guests.
With more than 100 years of combined experience across 31 facilities in North America, PureStar has long established standards for linen laundering that exceed the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, our network of facilities has continued to operate the essential business of laundry.
We elevated our high sanitization standards even further, so that PureStar’s Clean Commitment provides peace of mind for all who touch our hotel clients’ linen.
PureStar’s Stringent Sanitization Processes for Laundering Linen Consistently Exceed the Recommendations of the CDC
- Customer linen is segregated from collection, through processing, to delivery.
- Industrial size machines wash linen in water temperatures above 140 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash formulas are designed to eliminate germs and remove micro-organisms.
- Chlorine or peroxide are also used in our cleaning processes and are effective disinfectants.
- Industrial dryers at temperatures up to 200 degrees Fahrenheit dry washed linen.
- Industrial ironers reaching temperatures of nearly 300 degrees Fahrenheit complete the cleaning process
- Delivery carts are thoroughly sanitized.
- COVID-19 safety and facility sanitation protocols training mandated for all staff.
- Physical distancing, hand washing and PPE usage in accordance with OSHA and CDC guidelines at all facilities.
- Trucks and equipment routinely disinfected with products that meet EPA’s criteria for use against COVID-19.
- Employees are required to maintain CDC standards when visiting client sites.
- Additional precautions for handling soiled equipment or soiled linen.
- Supervisors track compliance on all shifts.
For additional resources and recommendations regarding the processing of textiles and linen during the COVID 19 pandemic, please visit OSHA and CDC websites.